we had a wang dang doodle of a party
a new grandbaby born
celebrated thanksgiving
spent 3 weeks at Michelle's
got through her surgery
finished christmas shopping (thanks to online shopping)
celebrated birthdays
and decorated for a very important birthday...
and I haven't blogged about any of it. Downloading pictures, cropping them, getting them on blogland, writing, it all takes time. I will have to backtrack because this is my journal and I need to document it all, eventually I will get it done. But not today, today I am wrapping gifts and getting laundry done. Tomorrow I have grandkids coming over and we will bake.
Joy and laughter mixed with sorrow and pain.
It is what life is made of.
Amidst sorrow and pain there is joy and laughter.
"God didn't promise days without pain,
laughter without sorrow,
sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day,
comfort for the tears,
and light for the way."
anonymous
It takes loads of faith to endure the sorrow and pain...
To watch my daughter fight cancer. To see her endure months and months of chemo; the pain through the mastectomy surgery and then the reconstructive surgery; and the sorrow to not be able to do for her kids the way she wants to, the way she is used to. It takes loads of faith.
But through it all there is joy and laughter sprinkled in between...
Michelle's house is a happy house, because that's what she is made of.
She is so close to being done with her year of treatment, but it's not over. There are a dozen nodules showing in her lungs, so there are more dr appts, more mri's, more cat scans, more blood work, more pain, more sorrow. So again we lean on God, we lean on our faith and we hope. Hope and pray.
2011 has been a year of joy and laughter and sorrow and pain.
For me, when the fear starts creeping in I repeat...
Let your faith be stronger than your fears.
Let your faith be stronger than your fears.
Let your faith be stronger than your fears.


I've been thinking about you every day Julie ;) You have taught me so much about having faith in god and never leaving his side no matter how difficult it gets. I will always remember our long talk in your back yard too :) May prayers to you and your family Julie. I hope this Christmas will have the answer's we're all praying for. Love you Julie!
ReplyDeleteYou're back, Julie!
ReplyDeleteI've missed you.
You and Michelle have been smack dab in the front of my mind since I read her post on the road that's still ahead of her. I can only imagine that among many other things, joyous things and painful things, you must be emotionally exhausted. I so hope you find a few minutes, or better yet a whole day, to relax and recharge over the holidays. (What are the chances of that, I wonder!!!!)
I wish you and your precious family a wonderful and joy filled Christmas, Julie!