My garden angel : )
Below is how my old vegetable garden looked
I had a fence around it to keep critters from eating the green goodies.
After our winter months (December and January) the garden was looking pretty sad so I decided it was a good time to make a change.
The larger garden was difficult to get into once things grew. I was always afraid to step on a snake when I walked in it, never happened but it could!
This is how it looked at the end of January.
After clearing the space, I bought a raised bed from Sam's Club.
Then bought two more to put down where the existing garden was.
What survived the cold weather was transplanted into one of the new raised beds... lettuce, bok choy, arugula, spinach, swiss chard, cilantro, and beets.
I now have space to walk in between.
So nice to have a clean slate to start over
In February, I planted tomatoes, squash, and cilantro.
In March I added peas
and green beans in one of my ground beds.
Made this lattice screen for the green beans to climb but when they weren't climbing I realized they were bushes not vines, oh well!
What's important is all the green beans I've been picking!
I planted rows of carrots, beets, onion
and zinnias to transplant to my flower garden.
Planted thyme with a freebie strawberry that decided to grow in between.
a new swiss chard
cucumbers in a pot
and a bay tree in a pot
loving my new garden space♥
Oh- Those are great! I want to live there, too!!!! What wonderful gardens, paths and ambiance! xo Diana
ReplyDeleteWOW---WOW---WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteJulie, this is amazing! I think I want to move now :)
sending hugs...
Awwww Momma! It looks great and we can't wait to come and play in that beautiful garden and eat from that beautiful garden!!!
ReplyDeleteMiss ya,
Michelle