This is my granddaughter Serenity
and this is her new truck
she is so excited to get this truck
It is my old truck
it's been with me a long long time
almost 14 years
I've had this truck since Serenity was two years old.
Her and I have had some good memories riding in this truck and she has always been fond of it.
So much that I told her a long long long time ago that maybe some day when she was old enough to drive,
I might be ready for a new truck, and this one might be hers.
Did I say maybe and might?
Well she did not forget and from then on it was her truck.
Now picture that commercial with the little girl at the driver's seat and her dad is giving her all kinds of instructions before she drives off. She's not really a little girl but we are seeing her as her dad sees her...still his little girl. This is how I still see Serenity
The months turned into years and in what I am sure was a blink of an eye she turned sixteen! TODAY is her 16th birthday!
So I bought me a new truck and I am handing my old keys over to her...
But not without first shedding a few tears. Seeing her grow up is not easy for a nana and I am a little sad to say goodbye to this truck. It helps knowing it's going to her, it will be in good hands. And she will be in good hands as I will be praying for her safety every single day!
Now it's not like I can be giving a truck to every grandchild, though Adrianna already has her eye on my new truck!
Serenity did save her money to pay for her new truck. She's not spoiled or anything.
Happy Birthday Serenity!
I have enjoyed every moment spent with you and I'm looking forward to many more and when we go in your truck, I'll be your passenger!


This is so sweet Julie. Serenity will take care of it for you and 'oh the places she will go'.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your new truck too, I know she will enjoy hers!
hugs from here...
What a good Nana! Happy Birthday Serenity!! and good luck to Marty and Kori. :)
ReplyDeleteAhhhhh man! What a full circle moment for you guys! How special is that. I can still remember the when my mom brought me the keys to my new (old, rattle tin can of a car) sweet ride while I was sitting in biology class right after I turned sixteen. It cost $600.00, I bought it with my own hard earned money, it was a stick shift but first gear was burnt out so you had to start in second...oh man...so many great memories. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day...always great to meet new friends.
ReplyDelete