our weather finally cools down to the 80's, 70's, 60's, 50's all in one month. It's time to put halloween decorations away but leave up fall and take out the turkey and the pilgrims and indians. It's time when reds and oranges and golds take over my home and make it feel warm and cozy.
It gets me in the mood to bake bread and make soups and finally go back to our much needed evening walks. It's time for outdoor grilling sitting under a heat lamp instead of sitting in the pool.
It's time to harvest my summer basil and make pesto to freeze so I can continue enjoying the awesome taste of basil once it's gone from my garden.
It's planting season so off to the garden centers I go to fill my gardens with seeds, pretty flowers and good for you vegetables.
Time to empty the compost pile and mix it into the ground.
Time to get on my knees
to garden,
to contemplate,
to pray
and count my blessings...
Blessings of family and friends and celebrating time together.
Celebrating November birthdays
*Nathan, Elizabeth, Wyatt, Kori, Bobby, & Lorrie*
Celebrating November anniversaries
*Mikey & Elizabeth, David & Chanin, Danny & Kacey*
And celebrating the birth of a new baby grand-daughter
who should be here
before the end of the month!!!
N-o-v-e-m-b-e-r
a month to remember our blessings
and give thanks
and to honor our Veterans
Thank You to all who have served our country.
Thank You to all who have served our country.


Isn't it nice to cozy up in the house and make a pot of soup?
ReplyDeleteSo funny that you mention gearing up for gardening....I was out today pulling my frost blackened zinnias out of the frozen ground and thinking about how happy I am to be D.O.N.E. done with gardening for this year! I can't wait to see how your garden progresses. I'll be sitting by my fire, wrapped in my blanket, looking at your pretty pictures!
Julie, thank you for thinking of me while writing on your blog. I love looking at your beautiful pictures of your trips, your family and the awesome decor, I just love your style. I look forward to spending time with you this week. BTW, I too can relate to skinny legs...
ReplyDeleteLove you lots, your Purdyful Friend!
Lorrie
I love November too....a time of such fun to dream about Christmas. Thank you for visiting me the other day. xoxoox
ReplyDelete