Bugs on my Mandevilla
I absolutely love the mandevilla plant and have tried growing them... unsuccesfully. I haven't had any luck keeping them alive through our hot summers. I keep trying, I can't help myself. When the nursery has them, I bring one home.Usually I have planted it in the ground so when my sis told me she has had one a few years in a pot, I decided to give that a try. I've had this one around 4 months. It stopped blooming and started growing so I moved it against the house wall and gave it a trellis to climb on.
Yikes
they no longer look harmless. Disgusting is more like it... hideous... horrible... ugly... sickening... nauseating... appalling... Gross!Made me feel itchy all over. I know bugs are part of the garden and I love to garden and bugs have never bothered me, but no longer will I take pictures and zoom in. But I will continue to jet spray everything on a regular basis!
Now we'll see if she survives the summer.
.jpg)
Oh, those hateful aphids! Mine are green, which makes them hard to spot sometimes. Last year, the underside of all my zinnia leaves were infested in the greenhouse, so I had to wash each little plant before I planted it outside.
ReplyDeleteAphids are evil!
I hope you win the battle and your beautiful plant thrives for years!
Gross!! After looking at the last zoomed picture, I got it and had to go back and look at the first pictures. My legs got itchy too looking at them. WOW you got a lot of bugs, just keep them out of your pansies! :)
ReplyDeleteYES...those are the buggers I asked you about - and your suggestion to jet spray them did work for me. I guess they got sprayed in your direction! Sorry!!! Seeing them close up like that really is gross. No more close-ups like that...just the pretty flowers pleez! :)
ReplyDeleteSis, make sure you aim the hose away from my direction next time : )
ReplyDeleteNo more gross pictures on my blog, I promise!
I’m sure you’re going to the game tonight!! Go Coyotes!