Welcome to my garden

There are so many jewels in my garden... rich soil, flowers, veggies and herbs, birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, seeds sprouting, the sound of the water fountain, but the best jewels are family and friends when they join me in the garden and share in the peace and beauty of what our Heavenly Father has provided me with. So many jewels, so many blessings. Julie +: )

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lunch from the Garden

I have been enjoying salads for lunch with ingredients picked from my garden.

Healthy, organic, and delicious! 
(avocado, pine nuts, and feta cheese
not from my garden)
Always starting with lettuce and spinach, radishes, red or green bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and then changing it up with herbs like cilantro, rosemary, basil, parsley or pineapple sage.

I have yet to try adding nasturtium flowers but I plan to.

Sometimes zesting a lemon and adding its juice, or orange sections and zest. And mixing it all up with peach white balsamic vinegar and olive oil or citrus olive oil. Yum! I love this time of year, before the heat wilts away my cool weather goodies.




(there's an ant on my zucchini)

  

2 comments:

  1. mm mmmm mmmmm
    Now that's what I call a salad! Love your garden and wish I was sitting with you and enjoying all your garden has to offer this time of year.

    Miss you Momma.
    Love you,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back! :)

    Those green beans look really good! And you didn't say how your salad was. I am sure it was very very tasty. It's ok, you can rub it in.

    ReplyDelete

I would lo♥e to know that you were here...