Welcome to my garden

There are so many jewels in my garden... rich soil, flowers, veggies and herbs, birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, seeds sprouting, the sound of the water fountain, but the best jewels are family and friends when they join me in the garden and share in the peace and beauty of what our Heavenly Father has provided me with. So many jewels, so many blessings. Julie +: )

Monday, July 9, 2012

Potting Bench Make-Over

As all of you gardeners well know, every gardener needs a potting bench, a place to gather all the necessary gardening tools and such.

Once upon a time, this was David's work bench which he no longer used because he got a new much nicer work bench.
He had made this one many years ago and it had sentimental value because while he was building it, Jeremy helped by hammering nails into it and it brings him good memories. David is sentimental that way... one of many reasons that make him the special man that he is. So he passed his work bench on to me to use as a potting bench.  And I made it my own...
I filled it up pretty quick
and I outgrew it really quick.

Then Sam's Club (I love Sam's Club) had a potting bench which I could not pass up. I wish I had taken a picture of it in it's natural wood color but I didn't.
I painted it and made it my own...

Now I have two potting benches
for all my necessary gardening equipment.
But wait...there's more.
I didn't have shade.
I would move a little beach umbrella here and there
and I wasn't crazy about the rock underneath.

I happened to come across a "grill gazebo" at Sam's Club (I love Sam's Club) which I really liked but we didn't need a grill gazebo. What we did need was a potting gazebo... so it was time for a make-over. 
We moved the kid's play house, the not-so-light fountain, and the sitting area stuff. This is all across my garden area. We moved both potting benches and all my necessary garden equipment. We had all the rock removed.
 and pretty new pavers installed...
and w.a.l.a.h
I have a potting gazebo
with lots of shelves
 for all my necessary garden equipment

and all kinds of hooks for hanging stuff
a potting bench on the side

 the playhouse and fountain are back in place
a nice place to sit and watch the grandkids play
 and my happy gardening space!

7 comments:

  1. Heavens to Betsy, Girlfriend! That is a gardener's dream. I'd never come in the house!
    (Except maybe when it's 113 degrees outside.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, how did you know it's 113 degrees outside? I have to be up at 5:30am to be able to garden & even then take some dips in the pool! This gardener's dream is your greenhouse! You won't be able to get rid of me. I may be booking a one-way flight ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What joy..you are going to have sooo much fun out here. Your garden is lovely...happy new week to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you were busy this week. You guys did this all in one week, GREAT JOB! I love it and can't wait to sit and watch the kids play in your new garden/side space. Then jump in the pool of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to come and play!!! :)
    Of course I will wait till September sorry I can't handle the heat. I know I am a super spoiled, with our "oh it's so hot today and we only hit 85"
    But it looks beautiful, and perfect, and FUN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW! Now that's a potting bench my friend. What an awesome space for you to play Julie!!! I think I have potting bench,gazebo,paver,garden envy : )
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving that potting bench! Beautiful garden.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

I would lo♥e to know that you were here...