Welcome to my garden

There are so many jewels in my garden... rich soil, flowers, veggies and herbs, birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, seeds sprouting, the sound of the water fountain, but the best jewels are family and friends when they join me in the garden and share in the peace and beauty of what our Heavenly Father has provided me with. So many jewels, so many blessings. Julie +: )

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Year of the Tomato

I had a wonderful crop of tomatoes this year
I bought these two plants
but the majority of them were freebies (volunteers)
everywhere I spread compost,
I had tomato plants come up
even the gold pear that I absolutely love
also in my garden, the chili peppers are coming back to life
I almost gave up on my zucchini but finally the bees came to the rescue so I'm getting one every few days. Not a good crop but at least I don't have to figure out what to do with too many.
the bell peppers and carrots are doing great
as well as the swiss chard
basil, rosemary, oregano, marjoram, thyme, and sage are thriving.
but the parsley and cilantro are done.
wish I could figure out how to grow cilantro all year!

4 comments:

  1. YEAHHHHH The tomatoes finally made it on the blog. Love those beautiful pics!!!! ;)
    ahhh I can taste your garden from here. And those carrots mmmm oh how I wish I could juice them up!
    Miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can believe it, I just got my poor tomato plants out of their 4 inch pots and into their permanent summer home yesterday!
    It's a crime against tomato kind.
    But! I'm hoping they'll be doing their bumper crop thing when you come to visit!
    Your garden bounty looks gorgeous, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so delicious you cultivate your own tomatos!!!
    hugs dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's some nice looking produce ~ I love those yellow pear tomatoes, too.

    ReplyDelete

I would lo♥e to know that you were here...