Welcome to my garden

There are so many jewels in my garden... rich soil, flowers, veggies and herbs, birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, seeds sprouting, the sound of the water fountain, but the best jewels are family and friends when they join me in the garden and share in the peace and beauty of what our Heavenly Father has provided me with. So many jewels, so many blessings. Julie +: )

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Update on Michelle

"Thus says the Lord, I have heard your prayer and seen your tears.
I will heal you."
2Kings 20:5

Day 6 & 7: We made it through the first week of many many many more! Even though Michelle is feeling better, there are other things cropping up... rashes, itchy scalp, a sour stomach feeling which she says is hard to describe. But, I'm seeing that beautiful smile again! She even felt good enough to walk to the grocery store.

She is sending me home for the weekend to regroup as she says. I will return on Tuesday so I can be here for "port" day on Wed. I will miss them immensely!!

Correction on port date: Michelle's port surgery is not tomorrow after all, it's the following Wed, March 2. She was telling me last night that she is not ready and wished it was not this week. She is thankful for this prayer answered as she would rather have some days to recuperate before having to go through another procedure.

Day 6: The back and shoulder pain became extreme for Michelle, but I think the fact that she couldn't hold or hug her little ones was worse. We have also had to keep Nathan at a distance because he has had a cold since Sat. He is getting over it but now Megan is starting. Keeping those little ones away from mommy has been quite a challenge. She is still hurting today but it doesn't hurt as much to be touched.

She needed to get out of the house so we ventured out to Michaels for more crafts, because this is a crafty kind of family. She still finds a way to be creative to find ways to teach Nathan. Right now Nathan is scouring the house on a scavenger hunt for 10 things that start with the letter C.

Another good thing is she has not lost her appetite. This girl can eat!

Tomorrow is port day. She will be having outpatient surgery to have her chemo port put in her arm. Just when she is starting to feel a tiny bit better...

Day 4 & 5: Michelle has been taking lots of naps, is feeling tired and having back and shoulder pain. She still tries to do as much as she can. She made it clear to Dan and I that we are to do only what she can't. She does not want more help than she needs. : ) Hugs to everyone from her and me!

Day 2 & 3: Michelle did better after her 2nd day of chemo. Click here to read her blog and read her own words. Today Saturday, she is experiencing some achiness in her teeth and legs. Other than that she is doing good...so much better than I was expecting.

Day 1: Michelle's first visit to chemo land. It made her very loopy. She took books to read and a movie to look at during the 4 hrs of chemo, but she slept through most of it and chatted with others there and listened to their stories. Since she is not used to taking medication, the benadryl they gave her really took affect. She came home and slept for about 3 more hours and once awake she was fine. She ate dinner and slept through the night and this morning she was good too. She is there again today but it shouldn't be as long as yesterday. Since it takes a few days for the chemo to react we don't know yet how she'll be in the next few days. We will wait and see.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Julie!
    I'm sure a good nights sleep is the best thing right now, so that is so good to hear. I'm hoping you all have a peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my precious Jewels,
    Michelle is a rare treasure, and please know that I will go thru this with you...cry with you...and carry you when I need to. I love you my dear friend, and please know there is absolutely nothing I wouldn't do for you...but you already know that!
    Keep strong, and know my prayers are with you...for I DO know what you are going through!
    Love you to God and back!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding day 4&5: glad to hear Michelle is still being Michelle! :) Don't forget to take pictures of the crafts you guys are doing, pass on some idea over here! Love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crafty kids run in the family. :) We miss you so much but we are so happy that you are there to take care of our Michelle...amazing Michelle! Give everyone really big hugs and kisses from us. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see all the beautiful things you, Michelle and your grandbabies are making. It's good for her to keep her creative mind going through all this. I'm sure with you there it gives her such great comfort. We're all here for you, Michelle and the family, Julie so lean on the friends and family who love you my friend ;)

    Love you!
    Suzie R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing all the right things Jewels...you are showing the kids normalcy....which what you all need. Please give Michelle all our love, and let her know our prayers remain constant and strong!
    My prayer for you is to keep doing the wonderful things you are doing...you too my friend are a wonderful example of LOVE!!!!!!!!
    I love you and miss you....
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to all of you. Your prayers and words are so uplifting to us!!
    I love you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I would lo♥e to know that you were here...