David built a "rabbit fence" around my vegetable garden to keep those cute little rabbits from munching on my lettuce, carrot tops and radish tops, green bean seedlings and whatever else I was attempting to grow. As soon as seedlings started to sprout they disappeared. I have had bunny rabbits enjoying my garden in the last few years so they were getting blamed. But this time I hadn't actually seen one...I figured they were sneaky rabbits!
One morning as I looked out the window to make sure the birds were not finding their way through the netting on the peach tree as they had been doing, I saw this little guy! I didn't realize he was looking right at me until I zoomed in the picture. Now what could he be eating? And what is he?
One morning as I looked out the window to make sure the birds were not finding their way through the netting on the peach tree as they had been doing, I saw this little guy! I didn't realize he was looking right at me until I zoomed in the picture. Now what could he be eating? And what is he? And what is he doing in the arizona desert and in my back yard???
I had never seen a chipmunk in the desert.
I googled what chipmunks eat and sure enough they eat garden produce!
And I had been blaming the poor bunny rabbits!
I am so glad David built this rabbit/chipmunk/critter fence. So far our visitor has not dug under it. He must not be very smart...let's hope it stays that way!"Build houses to dwell in; plant gardens, and eat their fruits." Jeremiah 29:5

I bet those garden veggies love your heat, Julie!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks so beautiful and lush. And your own peach tree? Between that and your lemon tree, I've got some major garden envy going on.
You're garden is amazing! You've created something amazing and special and made sure each plant was properly cared for and taken care of. Now you can enjoy the outcome. Just like you have done for your children and grandchildren :)
ReplyDeleteI love you Mom!
Mikey, thank you so much for putting it that way. I've never looked at the similarities in gardening and children. Both need lots of love, patience, and attention. No wonder I love to garden so much! And I love you so much! Mom
ReplyDeleteTeresa, there is no way you can have garden envy, not with the garden you have. My garden is an ounce to your gallon! : ) Julie
You've got Alvin in your garden! How cute is that? Your garden does look wonderful and I see that you mention okra. I had it for the first time last fall and it was grilled. I loved it and have been waiting to see it at the grocery store even though I don't know what it looks like. Maybe I can get a couple from you to grill. Pretty please? :) See you in a couple of days! Veronica
ReplyDeleteWOW! Your garden is growing so good. Do you know I just planted my vegetables yesterday? We can't plant here before the 1st of June, so it just went in. We don't see any produce till middle of July. The apple trees are just blooming now, and I am sure that the cherry were froze this Spring.
ReplyDeleteI so enjoyed seeing all that you have going there. And the critter fence is wonderful.
hugs from here...