I received this book from my sister (in-law) Linda when she invited me to her bible study group. Both her invitation and the book came at the most appropriate time for me...about a week before Michelle was diagnosed with breast cancer.
I wasn't able to attend each week's study but attended when I was in town.
Each morning I read the day's devotion and it is always right on.
Thank you Jesus for always looking out for me and providing me exactly what I need when I need it. And thank you Linda for being His messenger.
So after our girl's weekend, each of us has a copy and I hope you are all reading it each morning. Jesus' words fit every single morning no matter what we are going through. Just like this morning. Here is what Jesus said to me:
"Rest With Me A While. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days. The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty. Look neither behind you nor before you. Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant Companion. Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey.
I designed time to be a protection for you. You couldn't bear to see all your life at once. Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you. Refresh yourself in My company, breathing deep draughts of My Presence. The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment. I am with you, watching over you wherever you go. Psalm 143:8; Genesis 28:15
Psalm 143:8 - "At dawn let me hear of your kindness, for in you I trust. Show me the path I should walk, for to you I entrust my life."
Genesis 28:15 - "Know that I am with you; and will watch over you wherever you go, and bring you back to this land. I will never leave you until I have done what I promised you."
P*e*r*f*e*c*t
Does it apply to you as well?
This book always seems to applies to the day. I love it and glad all the girls have one now too!
ReplyDeleteYou are all such an inspiration to me. I feel a sense of unity with you knowing we are all reading the same passage at some point in the day. We trust in HIS word. God bless you. Linda
ReplyDeleteJust lovely, Julie.
ReplyDeleteYes....it applies! It's so peaceful and re-assuring. I'm so glad you shared this book. I'm going to go on a hunt for my own copy.
Yes, I have been reading mine every morning at the start of each day! In fact, there have been several mornings in the recent days that my first thought after the readings have been of Michelle and you. So it is very special that we are all reading them each day. Love & Prayers ~ Veronica
ReplyDeleteLol hey I was going to post this today.... Love you so much Momma! I read this this morning and as every day this book applies to me and I'm so thankful for it!
ReplyDeleteJulie and Michelle, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope all is well.
ReplyDelete"FAITH" makes things possible, not easy...
Love and Prayers,
Lorrie
Hi Julie, I still think about my last visit with you and how inspirational it was for me:) I'm going to pick up this book this weekend. I'm glad I checked your post! I left comments on Michelles blog and I'm so glad the surgery went well. Yes that post you mhave applies to my life in so many ways :) Love you!
ReplyDelete