Welcome to my garden

There are so many jewels in my garden... rich soil, flowers, veggies and herbs, birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, seeds sprouting, the sound of the water fountain, but the best jewels are family and friends when they join me in the garden and share in the peace and beauty of what our Heavenly Father has provided me with. So many jewels, so many blessings. Julie +: )

Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall at the Blue Ridge Parkway

Being an Arizona native I have missed out on the beauty of fall colors.
The northern part of our state has some fall colors but seems like this time of year is always so busy and I never get a chance to make it up there.
I was able to experience the beauty of the autumn season on a trip to North Carolina last week.
While there we took a road trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway
from North Carolina to Virginia...
passing through beautiful country and watching the leaves fall as we drove.  Every turn we made was A M A Z I N G.
 Speaking of turns, did I mention I get motion sick?
Especially in the back seat!
Luckily I was prepared and I took one of those wonderful bonine pills so I was able to enjoy every single turn and winding road!
I was told the colors were not that spectacular this year due to lack of summer rain,
but it looked pretty good to me!

This lovely creature was happily munching when we spotted him and stopped the car. I wanted to take his picture but he wouldn't look up until we honked, then he looked up and posed for me.


Okay so why do I live in Arizona??
Because no matter what, there's no place like home!

9 comments:

  1. So, so gorgeous, Julie! I'm so glad you got to experience the pretty fall colors. I think the Blue Ridge Parkway in the fall is the next trip I'm taking with my sister and her girls. I'll have to get travel tips from you! But, yes. I agree that there is absolutely no place like home! Glad you made it home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES no place like home...with only green and brown colors!! If you are lucky yellow and orange. You put my camping picture with a little color to shame! :)
    I had to ask and show Kyle and Mike the pictures because it said, Blue Ridge Parkway, I said no way but they had to keep reading to see you were not in AZ!
    (i hope this make sense...kyle is talking a lot and said to say hi)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say you got some pretty cool pictures!! I had margarita fingers lastnight, sorry for the rambling, i can do it typing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing is the exact word to use here! Beautiful colourchanges of fall. We don't see them as abundant over here.
    Bye,
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pictures! I love fall! Some day we definitely need to vacation in the fall to experience some fall colored trees. We are missing out in AZ... but I do love my home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! The views and your photos! You're getting really good with that camera. :)

    I LOVE fall. Every year during this time I get cranky and whine about the heat and lack of fall. I think we need a second house somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the pictures! And I love fall as it is my most favorite time of the year. I have no idea why I live here where it's brown and dry. One day I will see a true fall (and not just thru pictures!) and live somewhere like that. Of course only live there during this time of the year because Jeff and I will be snowbirds and come back home when it gets too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie these photos are breathtaking!!! I imagined NC just this way. My mother is from NC and her parents from Tenn. I hear it's beautiful there in the Fall too. I think wet or dry this year, the colors are spectacular!

    I get so car sick, well every kind of motion sickness, so I am on a prescription drug for it when we travel. It makes me so tired, but at least that is better than the alternative ;-) One more thing we have in common. :)))

    I think AZ sounds like a wonderful place for me to winter don't you???
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWIEEE Mommy! These pics are beautiful and you make the drive look so peaceful and relaxing.

    Miss you,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I would lo♥e to know that you were here...