October??? Say it isn't so. I'm in denial, it can't be October. Normally my "fall" decorations would be up and they are not. That's not like me. I love decorating for fall, especially since we have to fake fall here in the valley of the sun.
I think I will have to skip the fall decorations this year... I am not in the mood. Maybe just my door wreath will go up. No sooner will I have it up and it will be Christmas. And I am not ready for Christmas, even though I love celebrating our Savior's birthday. Just not ready for all the other stuff.
Time is moving too fast for me. Serenity my first grandchild turned 17 last week... seventeen!! Megan is 3 today... Happy Birthday Miss Megan!!
Nathan will be turning 6 next month and Jayda, who was just born, will be one!!
Time... please... slow... down!
I thought that it would when I retired, but instead, it moves faster. It's been five years that have totally zipped by.
I have not yet journaled my summer garden, yes there was a garden. And vacation, we vacationed this year. I need to journal that too. For me it was a year of traveling. Maybe that's why this year went so dang fast.
Our weather is finally cooling down. Yesterday's high was 100 degrees, today it's 95, tomorrow 92, next week will be in the 80's, next weekend mid 70's! I love that I can finally open my windows in the mornings but hey weather, you too... slow down. I want to enjoy 80 for awhile.
No pictures this time.... just this one of the beach and our chairs and my thoughts,
that's all this time...
Wow...it's crazy to think of you with 100 degree temps still when I am having 60 degree days here and tonight it is supposed to get as low as 25! Sometimes living in the mountains is not a plus : ) We have a fire going in the stove and things are nice a toasty in here. I thought I was ready for the cold that always hits us about now, but now I'm not so sure.
ReplyDeleteYou have had such a busy time Julie, and it sounds like you have been having lots of birthdays. Are you broke yet LOL!
Enjoy your weekend sweet friend.
much love...
Hi Julie, You're so right time is moving on so fast. Can't believe its been 5 years since you retired! It seems like yesterday that we worked together :( Can't believe Serenity is 17! Lately I sure miss those days of you & I working together. This hot weather sure doesn't make me feel like its fall except in the early mornings & evenings! :) Plus you have so much going on right now but I'm sure all your grandkids look forward to seeing your house decorated for the season. It's like tradition for them :) Maybe you should have them come & help you decorate to get you in the spirit. Then they can come over & get me get in the spirit too :) ha ha ha...Take care of yourself my friend +:) Love you!
ReplyDelete