Welcome to my garden

There are so many jewels in my garden... rich soil, flowers, veggies and herbs, birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, seeds sprouting, the sound of the water fountain, but the best jewels are family and friends when they join me in the garden and share in the peace and beauty of what our Heavenly Father has provided me with. So many jewels, so many blessings. Julie +: )

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Fall Garden Journal

"Like seed sown on rich soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit thirty and sixty and a hundredfold" Mark 4:20
Time to Plant
Bed #1
11/2 on right side of bed I sowed a row of Sweet Spanish Yellow Onion Utah Jumbo seeds (germinates in 10-12days; harvest in 115 days) and a row of Red Burgandy Onion (germ 10-12 days; harv in 100 days)



Bed #2

4 Collard greens planted 11/1


Bed #3

Cilantro planted 11/1




Tomato Plants planted 11/1
left to right: beefsteak, early girl, husky cherry, beefsteak



From left to right

1st row- 11/1 tomato plants shown in previous picture

2nd & 3rd row- 11/1 Romaine Lettuce (short rows so I can reach), then existing bell pepper and cilantro shown in previous picture

4th row - 11/2 seeds of Carrot Denvers #126 (germinate 8-12 days; harvest 75days) mixed with radish seeds Easter Egg II Blend Festive & Champion (both germ 4-7days; harv 28 days) there is chives in front of this row which I may pull next time I use because it will grow too big and I have chives elsewhere.

5th row- 11/2 seeds of Spinach Espinaca Giant 157 Hybrid (germ 7-14days; harv 50 days)

6th row- 11/2 seeds of Spinach Espinaca Baby Leaf Hybrid (germ 7-14days; harv 30 days)

7th & 8th row - 11/1 Simpson Elite Leaf Lettuce

9th row - 11/2 seeds of Lettuce Great Lakes #118 (germ 7-10days; harv 82 days); behind is existing basil

I have space for more but there are seedlings popping out so I'll wait to see what they are, then at the very right of bed #3 shown below I sowed a row of seeds (11/2) of Stringless Blue Lake Pole Beans FM1K (germ 7-10days; harv 60 days) I think it's too early for this but I did it anyway. And another chives plant growing on that row.



I haven't decide where to plant this rosemary, maybe I'll keep it in the pot.




These are existing plants and herbs that survived the summer months:


Basil and Bell Pepper




Thyme with new geranium plant



Oregano that grows like a weed



Sage
Around the sage are seedlings coming up. I'm not sure what they are but when I rubbed the leaves they smelled like tomato plants. I didn't have tomatoes growing in this bed so I'm not sure. I'll wait and see, maybe the wind blew some seed over.


Swiss Chard and a tomato plant in the back bed with the new collard greens.




Bell pepper plant which I transplanted from another bed and chives





Eggplant (I think this is it's 4th year)

1 comment:

  1. swiss chard... I actually just typed swish chard by accident LOL.. that must be for Dan. I want your basil and oregano PLEASE! AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! Good job Momma looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would lo♥e to know that you were here...