David planted this Navel Orange tree on 11/3. When it grows it will provide much needed shade in our guest room plus give us oranges!

He planted this Orchid Tree in Spring 2010
I have been training this pomegranate bush into a tree. It's 3 years old and looks like we'll finally get some good pomegranates.

Purchasing trees can be pretty costly so we were bummed when the freeze we had in 2007 killed 6 of our ficus trees, but we have been provided with some freebies! This one grew where we had lost one of the ficus and we've let it be and after less than 3 years it's this big. Behind it is a Sisso which we had put in to replace a ficus. It has tripled in size since planted 2 years ago.

I noticed this baby sisso a few weeks ago and it's where I was hoping to plant a tree so I will just let it do it's thing and grow!

And this little buger is looking kind of wimpy because it is in shock! It came up in the corner back there and was too close to the lime tree we have behind this storage bldg so I had David transplant it where I was needing a tree to shade the dining room window from the afternoon sun. It dropped all it's leaves except for these few but it's sprouting new leaves. Thank you God for the freebies!!
Julie +: )



Oh, I am jealous that you have orange and pomegranate trees! I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to have all that right in my backyard.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving,
Teresa