Welcome to my garden

There are so many jewels in my garden... rich soil, flowers, veggies and herbs, birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, seeds sprouting, the sound of the water fountain, but the best jewels are family and friends when they join me in the garden and share in the peace and beauty of what our Heavenly Father has provided me with. So many jewels, so many blessings. Julie +: )

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Should I be indoors or outdoors? hmmm

I was really into decluttering and organizing closests and drawers, but I kept looking outside and I finally gave in to my urges to be out there instead of in here. First I just sat and enjoyed the warmth of the sunshine. Then I started looking around at all the work needing to be done. Trimming, weeding, pruning, raking. I decided to take inventory of the damage just a few nights of freezing temps did.

so I made myself get up from here and get to work


even though we did this...

I still lost these tomato plants. and my basil. and one bell pepper plant.

my eggplants are looking pretty droopy

but my oranges made it!

as did my lemons, but that's cause they kept their socks on : )
luckily the bedding plants do well in cold weather.
my nasturtiums, pansies, petunias, snapdragons and sweet alysum were not affected.


and the hollyhocks are growing strong.

so are the geraniums



I didn't lose all my tomato plants

and this one that grew out of my oregano
is now looking like the jolly green giant!


so all in all I think my garden did pretty good. we still have the remainder of jan and feb with unpredictable weather, but for now I will enjoy today's 74 degree temperature!


and with the help of these pinwheels,


I will enjoy color in my garden!



A Prayer to Shape My Life
by Marsha Maurer
Keep snipping, God.
Prune my weedy excesses,
my struggling imperfections,
my lop-sided selfishness.
Remove any branches that impinge on others;
trim the disorder from my life.
Fashion me in the image of Your perfection.
Shape my life into a balanced, pleasing form.
Amen

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the beautiful post Momma! Its looks inviting and right now I wish I was there more than here so I could relax and enjoy with you, garden with you, and hang out with you! Miss you and thanks for helping my day end with a smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Michelli, I miss you, I love you, and God bless you +: ) Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are taking such cool picture! It looks like you are figureing out your camera pretty well. Good thing you kept your sock on, it might have helped your panties too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Virginia, you make me laugh! It's not until spring that the bunnies come and eat my panties, I mean my pansies : )
    I still laugh out loud when I think about that conversation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my tummy hurts from laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to go outside today and prune some more roses, but I ended up staying inside doing chores. :( Glad to hear you enjoyed some time outside with a little sun on your face, Julie. :)
    Have a great weekend!
    ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading this post just really makes me want Spring to be here! Really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty garden, and how wonderful to be able to grow oranges. Does your backyard smell like oranges?

    ReplyDelete

I would lo♥e to know that you were here...