Welcome to my garden

There are so many jewels in my garden... rich soil, flowers, veggies and herbs, birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, seeds sprouting, the sound of the water fountain, but the best jewels are family and friends when they join me in the garden and share in the peace and beauty of what our Heavenly Father has provided me with. So many jewels, so many blessings. Julie +: )

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Soups On!

I have been inspired to warm up my home by Teresa at Meadowbrook Farm making her chicken noodle soup and Kerrie at the Sea Cottage baking her oatmeal cookies. Since I have all the ingredients on hand I will make my...


Shrimp and Corn Chowder
1 cup finely chopped onion

1 cup diced green pepper and red pepper

1 cup chopped celery

2 tbps olive oil

2 cups chicken stock (add 1/2 cup more later if the chowder is too thick)

1 1/2 - 2 cups half-and-half milk (small container)

3 potatoes, peeled and diced

1 can Campbell's Cream of Potato Soup

4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (shown with yellow corn, but white corn is even better)

4 tbsp Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped

2 lb bag of Costco raw frozen shrimp, thawed and shelled (cut them in half so they are bite-size)

chopped cilantro

pepper

-In a medium stockpot, heat oil and saute onion, peppers and celery about 10 minutes, stirring.

-Add hot chicken stock, half and half milk, and potatoes. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are just tender, 15 minutes.

-Add can of cream of potato soup, corn, and sun-dried tomatoes. Bring back to a simmer about 10 minutes.

-Add shrimp and cilantro, simmer until shrimp is cooked. Season with pepper.

Enjoy with some warm crusty sourdough bread!




The chicken noodle soup recipe can be found at:
http://themeadowbrookblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/chicken-noodle-soup.html
and the oatmeal cookie recipe at:
http://seacottage.blogspot.com/2011/01/bakingwarming-home.html
I have yet to learn the "here" feature!

7 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm going to have to try your recipe and surprise Jeff. It looks easy enough! I was just at the groceries so I'll have to add some of the ingredients to my next shopping list. Looking forward to more of your recipes! Love, Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, this recipe is so easy and so good! Have you seen Michelle's recipe blog. To the right here ---> and then down, called sowhatareyoumaking. She's got some good eating ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, I thought I showed you how to do that trick! LOL

    Okay save me some yummy soup and I'll show you how to do the link thing. AGAIN!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelli, you did show me, but I need a refresher course : )
    This soup is all gone. I will make you some Split Pea and Ham Soup. Or I can try Teresa's Chicken Noodle Soup. Fair trade?
    Can't wait to see you!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, here is yet another recipe that would send my hubby to the moon. He loves shrimp beyond reason. It looks delish! (And I'm evesdropping on the conversation with your daughter - you might need to come clean with your split pea soup recipe too.)
    Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa, your husband has superior taste!!

    I'll have to do a split pea soup post soon.
    that was a tongue twister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know Michelle had a recipe blog, but I do now! I've added it to my faves....like I need another blog to look at - LOL! But I can't comment on it because she doesn't have 'annonymous' as an option. Veronica

    ReplyDelete

I would lo♥e to know that you were here...