Welcome to my garden

There are so many jewels in my garden... rich soil, flowers, veggies and herbs, birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, seeds sprouting, the sound of the water fountain, but the best jewels are family and friends when they join me in the garden and share in the peace and beauty of what our Heavenly Father has provided me with. So many jewels, so many blessings. Julie +: )

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I've got the gardenin' blues

Singing the blues


the gardenin' blues


(to the tune of the "babysitting blues")


hi my name is julie


and it's summer here in arizona,


it's gotten so dang hot here


that it's so hard...


it's so hard...


to keep my garden going


so I have... the gardenin' blues


it's hot here in the morning


and it's hot here in the night


this heat has killed my peach tree


killed my plum tree too


so I'm so sad...


yeah so sad...


I have... the gardenin' blues


my garden looks so lonesome


all my pretty flowers wilted


yeah my garden's such a mess


and I don't know what to do


that's why...I have the blues


I have... the gardenin' blues


I remember when it was thrivin'


before this summer came


now it's just a memory


and it makes me feel like cryin'


do you know what I'm talkin' about...


if you do...then you've also had... the gardenin' blues




been cleaning out the garden


ready for this heat to head on out


I'll be glad...


yeah so glad...


when I can start all over


and no longer sing the gardenin' blues


cause I'm singing... the gardenin' blues


til my garden looks this nice again...


i'll be singing... the gardenin' blues



"babysitting blues" (video)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh so sorry mommieeee.... Don't fret, your calm, bursting, and relaxing garden will be sprouting in no time.

    I will be ready to visit that beautiful garden and sip out of your cute Halloween mugs in early October, so you tell that garden and weather to get it together!!!

    Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! sorry to laugh but your song was awesome! blogger AND song writer!!!! Michelle is right, it will turn around in no time with such a nurturing garden keeper :)

    ReplyDelete

I would lo♥e to know that you were here...