Welcome to my garden

There are so many jewels in my garden... rich soil, flowers, veggies and herbs, birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, seeds sprouting, the sound of the water fountain, but the best jewels are family and friends when they join me in the garden and share in the peace and beauty of what our Heavenly Father has provided me with. So many jewels, so many blessings. Julie +: )

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

On Our Way Home...

we stopped in Carlsbad staying walking distance to the downtown area called Carlsbad Village. It's a really nice area with shops and restaurants and just across the street from the ocean.




Looking out at the ocean, so calm and hearing the peaceful sound of the waves made it hard to imagine how terrifying a tsunami can be and the devastation it can bring.



We visited The Flower Fields of Carlsbad.

It was breathtaking, so many beautiful colors!























































the next day we headed to Temecula










we stopped at the Temecula Olive Oil Company.


I love their logo...





May "olive' your dreams come true"




I did the olive oil tastings,


and came home with these...









David would have preferred the wine tastings, he didn't have any interest in tasting oil!


But no wine for us because we were driving home


and good thing because google map brought us through this...



Scenic Highway 74- the Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains




Winding roads going all the way to the top and back down again

with no barriers to keep us from going over the edge!!


Maybe I should have had some wine!


Thank you dear Jesus for getting us home safe and sound!



7 comments:

  1. Glad you're home, Julie! Your flower photos are so, so pretty. I think ranunculus are some of my very favorites. Can you grow them in AZ, or are they mostly a California flower? And the sweet pea maze? I can smell them from here! Enjoy your time at home and then hurry back to those sweet little babies who are surely missing you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow here in AZ too and sweet peas too! I went through the maze and it smelled heavenly! I could easily have gotten lost in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Julie! Those pictures were amazing! Looks like you could frame half of them and put them around your house... that seemed like your perfect place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you guys went and had fun! :) I can only imagine what the sweet pea maze must have smelled like mmm heaven!

    I swear I posted a comment on here already?

    We miss you lots and can't wait to see ya on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julie you made me laugh with your 'I should have had some wine'. So funny. I think it might have taken something stronger for me to go down that road.
    Oh my, the flower fields were incredible. I can't even imagine how it must have smelled.
    Gorgeous trip and glad you are home safe.
    sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pictures! I would love to be in the Sweet Pea Maze. It's my favorite flower scent. I have to think of Mom and how she would wrap a little bundle of sweet peas in a wet paper towel so I could bring them home! :) Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sis, what a wonderful memory you brought up. I also think of Mom when I see and smell sweet peas and how I loved taking her little bouquets home or into the office! Love you little sister!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I would lo♥e to know that you were here...