While visiting Teresa, we ventured away from her garden a few times.
We drove around and got a good feel for Montana.
Admiring the mountains
and cows or maybe they are admiring us
the open fields
and the irrigation wheel lines.
I found the water lines or wheel lines (not sure of their name) very calming to watch as they watered the fields.
We went into town to the Farmer's Market
where we came across some interesting folks
who danced
and danced...
sometimes to music and sometimes not
it be told they do this at the grocery store too : )
I found a booth that sold spurtles. I had to ask what a spurtle is and found that it is a Scottish stirring utensil, used to stir porridge and keep it lump-free. Makes me wonder if mama bear used a spurtle to make her porridge??? Anyway they can be used to stir anything from batters, to eggs, and pots of soup and they don't scratch pots and even get right to the edges of the pots. How could I not take one home? Mostly I liked how they look.![]() |
| spurtles |
We found this beautiful church to attend Sunday service at.
And we went antique-ing where I found plenty of goodies I would have loved to have but couldn't bring home on the plane : (
Michelle and I did find a few small treasures that fit in her suitcase.
Loved the old wooden canoe oars that Teresa found.
We always seemed to find ourselves here after being out and about...
on Teresa's porch swing
which would then turn into something like this
or this
I shared the swing with Michelle
Poor Teresa didn't have a chance!
Come evening time we'd end up here
*sigh*
I miss this place
I miss her too...
sharing stories and watching the sun set over the mountain!
more garden pics to come...

You girls know how to work a porch swing, that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteWe had such a good time, didn't we? Your pictures tell a great story, Julie.
It will all be here waiting for your next visit!
ahhh these pics and your story make me want to go back this weekend. Forget Carlsbad. I want to go relax, and swing, and find the happy cows again! :)
ReplyDeleteThis place looks for neat and relaxing! Does she rent this place out for a girls trip! :)
ReplyDeleteOh I just love this Julie! I am so thrilled that you were able to enjoy Montana a bit. I love Montana! It's so much like Idaho, so I guess that's why I love it : )
ReplyDeleteIt was so cute seeing you taking advantage of the porch swing!!!
sending many hugs...
i found you through your daughter {not sure how i found her!ha!} how lovely! i LOVE teresa's home and blog. but i never reaized how YOUNG she looks! she's always posting pics of her garden not her. teresa, you look 19!
ReplyDelete